Well today hubby received his offer for a full time position. They are working out the finer details, but we are excited nonetheless. We even went out for dinner at the local restaurant. We also took a break from packing for today, mostly because we have been running ourselves so ragged that we really haven’t been eating properly, and both hubby and I woke quite dizzy. However, having received the offer, I called up the contact we were given at the property management company, and wired her our damage deposit and first month’s rent for the only house that we have found available in the area. This always makes me uneasy….. The company itself is not set up to receive etransfers, so I had to send it to her directly…… and now we are waiting on her to receive it and forward the receipt. I tried to drop her a line, however, her phone is off….. this is what kills me. It’s not that the money is a big deal (though it is, it is not the end of the world to lose it) but having a house waiting for us makes our lives so much easier. So for tonight I will sit here and chew on my stomach just a little bit longer I guess. We did however, luck out, being that we are travelling through an area where we previously lived, we won’t have to pay for a hotel for that night there, and friends of ours are moving and have furniture and such to get rid of, which means we may actually be able to sit on something other than the floor when we arrive! BONUS!
Brad has told the project manager to expect us in the area the first week of February, but to be honest, I would like to pull in earlier than that. I would like to get everything organized and sorted on the PDQ (Pretty Damn Quick) so that I can breathe again, if only for a week or so.
We also have the kiddos to transition…. and though the youngest two are not an issue, having a child with autism means having to coordinate with the high school. We have found that this transition in the Alberta area is not difficult, the schools are very helpful, however in BC we are dealing with a totally different kettle of fish. I really don’t want to subject my son to a psych assessment when his coding was sufficient only 5 months ago. And I really don’t want to make waves in a new town because my commute is going to be significantly longer than here. The whole “multi trip” experience is something that I would like to avoid.
It also looks like we may have sorted out the daycare issue, which is really good. Though we are down to two options. Have a friend stay with us and help us out (which I don’t mind the idea of sometimes….. but worry that we will feel impeded on) or I put the littest in the daycare down the road and work tooth and nail to find extra curricular activities for the middlest. The eldest I am not so worried about as he will just walk in the door, wash the dishes, and then plunk his butt down in front of the video games until I get home…… We will have to see how things go.
All in all it has been a productive day off.
PS: I must have called when she was previously on the phone because I just contacted the property management company and she has indeed received the transfer. We officially have a house AND my husband is on salary. If I can give anyone out there advice it would be this…… don’t let fear dictate your life, embrace and overcome the obstacles in your path because anything worthwhile requires work.